Saturday, February 23, 2008

Holiday's are Expensive

Yep, this Mini's Return is costing me money and I'm not finished yet - still got a service & my topbox mount to go. What I'm on about is I've gone and bought a new pair of boots prior to the trip away...

My old Sidi pair (below) have been absolutely fantastic - I think I've had them about 9 years and they have been the single best piece of kit I have bought.

They were recommended by the bike shop that I bought them from as being 100% waterproof and naturally I was a bit dubious of this claim having bought riding gear in the past that made this claim but didn't even come close. The only time that I have had water in my boots is when every other article of my clothing was soaked through and the water had run down into my boots. Awesome boots - full stop.

So it was a bit of a blow that when I went back to the same shop for a new pair of boots to find that they no longer stocked Sidi - they could get them but recommended Alpine stars as being just as good. After a bit of discussion & trying on the boots i decided to give them a go. They appear very well made and have good protection as well as a goretex liner. They also have the same 100% waterproof claim and I hope that the claim is accurate. I also asked the salesperson if he thought they'd last as well as my Sidi & he reckoned that there was no reason why they wouldn't - watch this space in 9 years time...

Sorry credit card, but there's still that service & mount to go...

Also, I'm not retiring the Sidi's - going use them until they fall apart. The new boots are for the big runs, the Sidi's can take it easier on the smaller local stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment