Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day Races

Just back from the Boxing Day Races at the Wanganui Cemetery Circuit. Had a great day walking the track and snapping some photos. Didn't stay for the completion of the races and was disappointed when the final Superbike race was canned after two red flag incidents.

There was some fantastic racing in all classes and I have to say I enjoyed every race I saw. But the picture below celebrates the most hard case racing you will see - the classic sidecars. They're all over the place as they struggle to stay on the track - great fun to watch!


If you haven't been to the cemetery circuit before then you really are missing out - just do it!

More pictures here.

1 comment:

  1. That's my vision of purgatory. With my luck I'll die and have to come back as a hack monkey!

    ReplyDelete