|I have a farkling disease...|
So anyway, the stuff all turned up once I'd paid the taxman and a couple of Friday's ago I tore into the install. I was initially a bit daunted, not wanting to stuff it up but in the end it was a piece of cake.
First up was the mount. This fairly basic but it does mean I have this spare piece of plastic with no use anymore.
The mount dangles down below the main headlight and provides a nice sturdy home for the lights.
Next up was the scary part, wiring things up. But with the help of the interweb it was a piece of cake. It was easy to hook the harness to the battery but then I had to locate the high-beam wire and tap it - that's where the web came in handy and the job was soon done.
I then quickly tested everything and was rewarded with plenty of working light in the shed. The last job was to tidy up the wiring, mount the switch and tighten up the lights on the mounts after setting up the angle of them.
|Switch allows me to run the lights once high-beam is activated but to also run just the high-beam|
Disappointingly, it was still light outside when I finished so I geared up and rode over to the old's place to zap them through the lounge window and await proper darkness. When it finally got dark I mounted up and went off for a proper test.
Each of the lights has 2 led spots in them and 2 that act as floodlights giving a wider beam of light. The floods in particular really impressed me.
So, just out of town I stopped and got ready to film their effectiveness. Unfortunately, my GoPro session decided to have one of its moments and just wouldn't play ball. So, all I got to show for my ride in the dark was some very crappy photos that don't really show a lot...
Now to put them to some use...